In which case do I need myofunctional therapy?
When the oral and facial muscles are out of balance and/ or there is an incorrect swallowing pattern, you may have one or more of the following symptoms:
– mouth breathing;
– incorrect position of teeth, molars or jaws;
– in case that, after orthodontic or jaw-correcting treatments, the “corrected” deviation comes back (in part);
– thumb sucking, finger sucking, pacifier sucking habits which are difficult to be stopped;
– A clear problem with dental prosthesis not staying in place in the adult client, while it was perfectly manufactured;
– if there is “weak” lip tension;
– if there is a narrow and high palate;
– in the event of speech difficulties, such as lisping or hissing;
– in the event of difficulties in swallowing or eating;
– if there is an incorrect tongue position at rest (eg low tongue position at rest);
– TMJ complaints.